BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT (FT)
At Steelhead Finance, people have been our greatest asset since we started in 1981. We believe that taking care of our employees motivates them to take good care of others. So we invest in you. We support your career growth and your need for work/life balance.
We want individuals who share our core values and who demonstrate a true passion for helping businesses get the financial tools they need. Do you thrive in an environment of enthusiasm and teamwork? Do you love finding solutions and helping people? Are you dedicated to do the right thing? Then keep reading because– we’re hiring.
The Business Development Consultant sells financial services and provides business development consulting to small and medium sized businesses nationwide.
This is a terrific entry level sales position with an intense sales and business finance training program. Your role is coaching prospective clients on financial services options and selling them invoice factoring services to improve their cash flow.
- Contacting assigned prospective businesses via phone, email, trade shows, and in person
- Maintaining lead/prospect sales records in the CRM database
- Identifying new sources of prospects and entering into CRM. Prepare action plans and schedules to reach specific geography, industries, or business sizes
- Assess prospective clients’ Accounts Receivable & Aging situation to determine relevant financing options for their business
- Work with Underwriting Department to create relevant financial services proposals and contracts for prospective clients
- Communicate with prospective clients to provide information needed for account setup
- Work as a team with Account Representatives to follow up on your clients’ services and provide new service contracts as needed
- Meet monthly/quarterly benchmark sales quota goals as experience increases
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization and record keeping required
- Email, MS Office (Word & Excel) skills required
- Customer Relationship Management Database experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred- including persuasiveness, communication, energy, undeterred by rejection
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Base salary, Commissions and Bonus on signed accounts
- Medical and Dental after (3) months of full time employment
- Vacation and sick pay
- 401K contribution with matching
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume, fill out the application, and submit the Culture Index survey before you submit the form.
BEGIN APPLICATION PROCESS:
Comments are closed